We need to make room for our new winter inventory so we are clearing out last years Boots, Boards and Bindings!
Receive 40% off last years Boots Boards and Bindings when you shop in store!*Some exceptions apply.
With the MASSIVE amount of “sponsor me” tapes coming down the tube… I thought, to be the nice guy, we would give you a “1 up” advantage. Here are some points that should be addressed (or not addressed) in every and all sponsor me tapes sent out. So if your lookin’ to get picked up, by us or someone else… Make sure you are out to impress… (this is not saying anything of videos currently received)
**NOTE: THIS IS NOT HOW EVERY TAPE SHOULD BE MADE, MAKE YOUR VIDEO UNIQUE, WE ARE JUST TRYING TO HELP! MAKE SURE TO THOROUGHLY READ THIS**
What NOT to Do When Making a Sponsor Me Tape
1. Send It Out Before You’re Ready
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make is sending out your video too early. There is nothing wrong with getting footy out there, but when skateboard companies or team managers get heaping amount of videos and links daily.. how can you stand out from the rest? Make sure, even if your a young gun, you’ve got the basics down. Don’t constantly send clip after clip. Make a part! Do your research as to how long it should be!
2. Have Your Dad, Mom or Family Film You
- Nothing is wrong with getting your fam-jam to help you out. But if your bro or father can’t grip it and rip it, filming can get sketchy. It can make your video look choppy or not taken care of! Make sure that you know someone who has either filmed skateboarding before or has experience with cameras! Worst comes to worst, use a tripod. Watch videos people!
3. Put In ALL Your Footage
- Another issue people have is throwing in EVERY last trick you’ve landed. The last thing sponsors want to do is pick through 30 videos or twenty minutes of footage! Make sure when you put your video together that it showcases your BEST stuff. Not ALL of it.
4. Go CRAZY With Effects
- DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT go crazy with effects. Fades/Transitions are classed as fine (stay away anyway), but when things are magically exploding everywhere, the burn effect, filters, and anything else that reminds you of the old Windows Movie Maker days is a no go. Keep things simple. No effects, no filters. Just skating.
5. Throw in Something NOT Related to Skateboarding
- As much as everyone loves to watch hijynx, Jackass or CKY… shot-gunning a beer, ripping your shirt, or getting mad at a no-land is also a no go. This isn`t some Hollywood movie or skate part.. this is how your going to get noticed. KEEP IT CLASSY!
6. Set Everything to a Bad-Ass Tune
- Honestly.. Your skating can go well with a beat, we get it. But the best footage is RAW footage. Stay away from the Jamiroquai until you get on the team you like. Songs are for skate parts, not for sponsor tapes.
7. Wear ONLY Competitor’s Products
- It is OK to wear whatever you like when skating. But if your out to impress, companies look for people who suit their “look” or “attitude”.
So if your sending out your video to a local shop, make sure that West 49 shirt is still hanging in the closet gathering dust. Wear what you want to be sponsored by! REPRESENT! That’s another trait we keep our eyes open for!
8. Include ONLY Skatepark Footage
- Park footy is fine… But every sponsor or team always looks for diversity. Most companies aren’t going to be too keen on sponsoring skaters that only skate the park. Your sponsor me video is your chance to showcase your skills and companies want to see that you’re comfortable on a wide range of obstacles. Mix the park footage in with ample amounts of street skating (and not just handrails and stair sets). Better yet, show them that you can skate on rough, crappy terrain as well as silky smooth poured concrete and buttery ledges.
HOPE THIS HELPS!
As sad as we are that summer is slowly slowing down, we are pretty stoked to be able to offer you a rad back to school incentive!
From now until September 9, anytime you purchase ANYTHING in the Boarding House, you will be entered to win a $200.00 Gift Certificate. On September 9, we will randomly draw a winner!
Good Luck and Happy Shopping!!
The Medicine Hat Stampede and Exhibition will be rolling through town this Wednesday to Sunday and we have got all your Stampede outfits covered!!
From July 27-31- Come in the shop and take advantage of some wicked Stampede Savings including:
ALL Sandals and Sanuks
all Shorts + Tanks
Buy 3 get the 4th FREE
All Sunglasses 15% OFF
Select Bathing Suits
15% – 50% OFF
Paddleboards, Wakeboards + Wakesurfs
15% – 40% OFF
Life Jackets and other Watersports all on sale!!
Join us on Saturday July 16 and help celebrate echodales 30th Anniversary!!
We will be at the Fish Pond with some Paddle Boards for you to come and try!
After, head out on the South Saskatchewan with The Big Paddle!
Float from Echodale Park down to Strathcona and enjoy Music and Food Trucks when you arrive!!
For more information check out Medicine Hat Tourism here:
Thanks! Your email was successfully sent. I check my email all the time, so I should be in touch soon.
There was an error sending your message. Please try again later.